What Is The One True LanguageFor Writing Tests
Revision as of 13:17, 22 August 2008 by Mandersn (rv to Revision as of 15:42, 29 April 2007 by User:Jtf)
What is the ONE true testing language?
What are the barriers to multi-lingual dev/testing?
- Willingness to innovate
- Wrong organizational assumptions
What are the "enablers" to ease the transition?
- a "champion" person for the technology
- radical vs. progressive change steps
- changing the way people think for sustainability
- "evolution vs revolution"
What makes a good test language?
- shows intent
- human readable
- quick to write
- tells you why the tests broke
- easy to maintain/refactor
- facilitates exploratory testing
- no/low "context switch"
- uses a
- natural to extend
- no "mental gymnastics"
Change happens when...
- Champion can push through the trough of disallusion
- eases pain
- it goes into the ditch
- changes thought patterns
- compelling value
- demonstrated value
- effective evangelist
- introduced by respected thought leader
- information widely available and shared